Saturday, July 25, 2009

Today is the first day of the rest of my life

Hello my faithful readers:

I know that the title sounds a little cheesy, but that's exactly how I feel today! Yesterday was my last day at work (YEAH) and now I can focus fully on my preparations to move to Leuven for my impending MBA studies. I am super excited about this move because it's something I have dreamt of, but never really expected to actually act upon.

So the main things I need to do are
1) Submit my visa application (I have been working on this for nearly 2 months now)
2) Buy my plane ticket once my visa is approved
3) Sell off/give away everything in my apartment except my clothing
4) Shut down all the utilities and unnecessary bills from this side of the pond
5) Start & complete all my pre-course work as assigned by the school
6) Pack up and fly away

This list needs to be accomplished by August 12, 2009 because that's the day that I have in my head that I want to head over to Belgium. Now this doesn't seem all that bad in writing, but each of those tasks has a bunch of different sub-tasks. Plus the list doesn't take into account all of the saying goodbye to all of my friends I need to do in between. I have a few more doctor appointments to squeeze in as well. SIGH...

This is indeed the first day of the rest of my life. I'll keep you posted on how things are progressing and once I'm in Belgium I'll try to blog as much as I can.

Mwuah,

Georgia Peach

PS - I think I should acknowledge that some of you read my other blog (that dating one) Unrequired Love...maybe I'll have some stories for that one once I land in Belgium. Who knows...?

No comments: