Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Time flies + random thoughts

Hello my faithful readers:

As I sit here listening to the chatter of the crowds in Oude Markt outside my little studio it hits me that I've been here in Belgium for almost a month and a half now. When I made the decision to take a year off from working, the thing I kept telling myself was "It's only a year." Now I realize how little time a year (really) is in the scheme of things. To put this into perspective - in nearly 3.5 weeks of classes, I've already completed 3 courses and started a total of 6. We're starting a new course next week for a total of 7.

I'm invigorated by the pace, the opportunity and most of all my fellow classmates. Each day in class, I'm a part of discussions by some of the most brilliant minds on this earth. I have no doubt that we're all future business leaders. I love the fact that most of all we support each other, while having a good time. Just thinking about all of the adventures we've had so far makes me smile and I can't wait to have even more.

Today, I was impressed by how seriously the school is taking our feedback and responding to it. We expressed some concerns about one of our courses; our main concern was with the way the course was structured. We felt we weren't learning how to apply the concepts in a meaningful way, nor were we really learning anything about the topic we were supposed to be covering. The school took our feedback and in response they added an extra class and we have a final group assignment instead of the exam we initially were supposed to take. I love the fact that they took our feedback and made immediate adjustments, it's a nice feeling and it shows that they truly respect us and care about our education.

This year is speeding by. It's my goal to make sure I enjoy every single minute of my time while I'm here in Belgium. I hope that you remember to do the same, no matter where you are right now!

Mwuah,

Georgia Peach

4 comments:

Anthony Otero said...

Wow, it sounds like you are really doing well. I know how it feels to take classes in something you believe in. I hope things keep going well for you!

Anonymous said...

I wish the US education system took it's students feedback.

Ansa

Georgia Peach said...

Thanks guys. Yes @ LN I'm loving the program so far and I'm sort of sad that it's going by so quickly for me.

TaniaM said...

I can't believe after a MOnth of promising to read your blog i am finally am - it's not personal - as you know things in NY get crazy - kudos to you for taking this large step!